That strange sense of… deja vu?
Didn’t we just talk about South Dakota and… finances?
YES… yes, we did. And you’re NOT going crazy (at least not about this)….
So last week we learned about the money-savviness of South Dakotans and this week we’re learning about the financial well-being of South Dakotans. When it comes to financial well-being, according to Gallup’s 2014 Financial Well-Being Index, South Dakota ranks 5th.
The Index looked at five different categories including:
- Enough money to buy food (B)
- Enough money for healthcare (C)
- Enough money to do everything you want (D)
- No worries about money in the past week (E)
- Satisfaction with your standard of living (F)
Looking at the lovely chart to the right, you can see that South Dakota is:
- 3rd in having enough money to buy food
- 1st in having enough money for healthcare
- 4th in having enough money to do everything you want
- 28th in worries about money in the past week (I contend this keeps us in the top 5 in every other category)
- 3rd in satisfaction with your standard of living
To sum up: South Dakotans feel like they can make ends meet and have a little left over to play and enjoy the extra’s that life affords. One could say this is a direct reflection of last weeks ranking on money savviness. And once again… GO US!
Somewhat unrelated confession: Sometimes I feel like Forrest Gump meeting the President with all these top 10 rankings we enjoy…
South Dakota ranks well again. South Dakota is in the top 10… AGAIN. Not that I’m complaining – I love that South Dakota shines so often! GO US!