The Census Bureau published an infographic on Manufacturing in America last week in honor of Manufacturing Week.
- Manufacturing is the 4th Largest Industry in the nation, employing 11.2 million people.
- There are 296,605 manufacturing establishments in the nation.
- Manufacturing averages an annual salary of $53,500 per employee.
- Food Manufacturing is the largest sector within the manufacturing industry, employing 1.41 million.
- Petroleum and Coal Products Manufacturing has the largest value of shipments at $844 billion.
- 6 in 10 U.S. Export Dollars are generated by Manufacturers.
- Manufacturing is one of the Top 3 Employers in South Dakota.