The Governor is hosting six meetings today and tomorrow to share the results, outline the opportunity for cross-sector collaboration and provide an update of new state government strategies.
“Over 1,000 people provided input for this report. We heard from educators, community leaders, businesses and elected officials from all across the state,” said Gov. Daugaard. “We’ve been actively engaged in workforce efforts over the past few years. By exploring the new tools and strategies laid out in the report, we can improve those efforts at the state and local levels.”
Public meetings are scheduled for:
Tuesday, Sept. 2
- 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. MDT at the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn in Rapid City
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. CDT at the Dakota Event Center in Aberdeen
- 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. CDT at Lake Area Technical Institute in Watertown
Wednesday, Sept. 3
- 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. CDT at the Brookings Days Inn Convention Center
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CDT at Mitchell Technical Institute
- 3 – 4 p.m. CDT at the Sioux Falls Convention Center
The final report and previous Workforce Summit resources, videos and presentations are available at www.southdakotawins.com/workforcesummits.
Categories: Labor Force