PIERRE, S.D. – Gov. Dennis Daugaard will host six meetings across South Dakota to share the final report, findings and results of the recent regional Workforce Summits. Over 1,000 people provided input about workforce needs.
“The business, education, community and government sectors each have a role in developing a unified workforce agenda moving forward,” said Gov. Daugaard. “Our efforts need to be persistent and ongoing. The next step is to identify and implement the strategies that will best help create an effective workforce system.”
Public meetings are scheduled for:
Tuesday, Sept. 2
- 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. MDT at the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn in Rapid City
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. CDT at the Dakota Event Center in Aberdeen
- 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. CDT at Lake Area Technical Institute in Watertown
Wednesday, Sept. 3
- 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. CDT at the Brookings Days Inn Convention Center
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CDT at Mitchell Technical Institute
- 3 – 4 p.m. CDT at the Sioux Falls Convention Center
Previous Workforce Summit resources, videos and presentations are available at www.southdakotawins.com/workforcesummits.
Categories: Labor Force