Business location studies consistently show that available buildings and development sites rank among the top location factors for new and expanding companies. So it’s important to get the word out on any available properties in your community – and we can help.
The GOED maintains an online database of available buildings and development sites called South Dakota InSite to help with the promotion of available South Dakota properties. Following are instructions for listing your properties on the GOED’s website along with a brief tutorial on navigating the InSite tool.
Listing Properties with GOED
To list properties on the GOED website, you will need to submit a realty spec sheet or complete one of these forms:
We do have a few requirements for properties listed on our site so before you fill out those forms be sure to review the guidelines for listing available properties.
Searching for Available Properties
To search for available properties on the GOED website:
- Go to www.sdreadytowork.com/Find-Properties.aspx (the image on the right will display)
- Select the “Buildings and Sites” tab at the top of the map (highlighted in orange in image)
- Select the search parameters
- Click the “Search” button in the upper right of the search window
- The search results will be marked on the map with numbered tags and a summary of the search results will display below the map
- To view more details on a property, click the “Property Details” option to the right of the property summary
- Once you view the property details you have the option to export the data in several different formats (PDF, Word, Excel, Email, and as a Link) – this enables you to share or save the information as needed.
A few other things to note:
Featured Properties: When you first go to the GOED Property Listings you will see a list of featured properties below the map. We refresh our featured property list regularly to correlate with tradeshows and to highlight new property listings.
Certified Sites: Certified sites are also a part of the featured properties and are marked with a small banner that reads “Certified.”
Area Analysis Tool: Demographic & Income reports and Consumer Expenditure reports are available for each property listed on the site. You can access these reports by clicking the “Area Analysis” button available in both the property summary and the property details. These reports can be customized by distance or drive-time.
Following are images of the search window and the search results.
Have further questions about how to navigate the GOED website or how to get your properties listed? Let us know!